Sunday, July 22, 2007

What I Did Over Summer Vacation

I took an excellent technology course that opened up so many possibilities for my career as a school librarian. I spent my class time hours (and hours) communicating, sometimes commiserating, with a bright bunch of dedicated school library students. Thank you all for your intelligent analysis and contributions. I feel so empowered with the ability to not only evaluate new technologies for schools, but now have in place a collection of resources to bolster future plans and projects. What an amazing feeling to know I have all those resources stashed away on my Del.ic.ios pages…this is starting to sound like a bad speech given by a bland CEO who’s attempting to be earnest, so let’s just end this abruptly.

One more thing before moving on, would we not all agree that this class has caused us to lose our digital accent?



3 comments:

Linda Braun said...

Keep adding to del.icio.us and you'll be able to keep a good record of past, present, and future.

Will you give up Twitter? Pownce?

Eileen Parks said...

No, I won't give up either, for one, I have another online class with you.

But I should look for some twitter users to follow, like Joyce Valenza or something.

Jennie said...

I'm so glad that I got see all the sites that others had posted on del.icio.us too. By far the most helpful part of the course was learning to get over my phobia of technology in the classroom/library.

-JS